4WD in Sete Cidades and Serra Devassa Walking Trail
After exploring several lakes around the area with an all-terrain ride travel, along the craters of Sete Cidades, visit the small parish and then continue your way to the sea shore to witness the secondary volcano wonders of hot sea water.
Set in the middle of a 3-mile (5-km) wide volcanic crater, Sete Cidades’ forest-blanketed slopes and lake scattered valleys are the ideal place for an off-road adventure. Explore the area with a local guide and make it a special afternoon with a Hiking Trail in Serra Devassa. – 2 h – easy category -This short circular trail begins and ends opposite the Lagoa do Canário and takes about 2 hours to complete.- When you reach the top of the hillside, you can see the Lagoa das Éguas to your left, and a small round lake to your right. A little further ahead you will come to a side turn leading to a vantage point, where you can view the two aforementioned lakes, on your left, and the Lagoa Rasa, on your right.
POI / Main Stops: Sete Cidades village, Pico do carvão view, Santiago view point, canary lake area, empadadas lakes area, peninsula areas, cumieiras, tunel and twin lakes margins, Serra devassa Hiking Trail amog other stops. Bathroom are available on some stops.
About 7 hours
Recieve inside tips from a local guide;
Go off the beaten track in a jeep;
Enjoy attentive service in a small group;
Explore the nature of the Azores;
Learn about cultural traditions and cuisine.
- Local Guide/driver
- Pickup and drop-off from hotel or designated meeting points ( Ponta Delgada and nearby cities)
- The above prices include VAT at legal rate
- Entrance fees in thermal pools and natural parks
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- It is advisable to wear comfortable shoes and suitable for a hiking trail.