90€ / pearson ( lunch Included)
Join your guide as they pick you up from your Ponta Delgada hotel at 9am. You will hop into an off road-capable 4×4 and head out into the northeast countryside, winding along dusty roads that lead to the ‘priolo’ (bullfinch) habitat and into the most well-preserved area for endemic species. Hear about the island’s geologic history. Later, see the Neo-Gothic features of the Ponta Delgada’s historic parish before grabbing lunch at a locally loved restaurant. The restaurant has typical Azorean food (similar to Mediterranean cuisine) and several options between fish and meat, stew, and grilled foods.
In the afternoon, your tour heads to the rugged headlands and rocky shorelines to witness waterfalls, enjoy the views of the sea, and experience nature’s force in the Azores. As we head back to your hotel, we will stop at the tea factory and enjoy a cup of tea.
POI/ Main Stops: Povoação village, Tronqueira, Ponta do Sossego view point, Boca da Ribeira, Nordeste Village, Ribeira dos Caldeirões, Arnel Lighthouse view, and Por do Sol view point among other stops. Bathrooms are available on some stops.
About 7 hours
- Get inside tips from a local
- Get off the beaten track in a 4×4
- Small group ensures personal service
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Local Guide/driver
- Pickup and drop-off from hotel or designated meeting points
- The above prices include VAT at legal rate
- Entrance fees in thermal pools and natural parks
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark